The implementation of PortNet is the result of years of hard community work that still going on. A community that unanimously positions the company and the national economy at the center of its interests.Thus,the single window PortNet aims to harmonise all B2B processes of foreign trade made through all the cross-border exchange points with the help of public and private service providers:
- Ground Stations
- Bonded Stores
The measures of facilitation and simplification via PortNet concern the movement of three flows accompanying a foreign trade transaction:
- Information related to cargo
PortNet “the National Single Window for Foreign Trade” is a modern and interoperable electronic platform that integrates ; through the implementation of EDI; the information systems of all parties concerned by foreign trade processes,at both national and regional levels(Single Windows, Customs, Airport & Port Authorities and Terminal Operators of ports and airports, shipping agents, airlines, freight forwarders, importers & exporters, public administrations,etc.).
The main objectives of PortNet is a paperless processes of import / export and an end to end integration of the supply chain nationally and regionally. Through this complete integration of the chain of foreign trade, the economic operator has now an electronic single window to scroll on daily basis & in a simple, efficient and innovative way, its import and export operations.
The single window PortNet is a major operating leverage for the performance of the economic operators and that’s by offering a large capacity of anticipation, proactivity, cost mastering and tracking of international trade transactions.»
PortNet improves the competitiveness of the supply chain by ensuring:
- The increase of the efficiency of the supply chains of economic operators, public and private service providers;
- The acceleration of cross-border movement of goods at import and export levels;
- The creation of an environment that promotes the competitiveness of economic operators with the opportunity to work just intime;
- The reduction of uncertainty on deadlines and logistics costs;
- Improvement of business climate, good governance and increased transparency in relations Enterprises-government;
- The simplification and acceleration of procedures and formalities for the entry or exit of goods;
- Improvement of operations tracking on real time, foresight and planning capabilities through a good quality and circulation of information flows.
Nadia HAFSI, Communication & Change Management Manager